Hemogram Test – An Overview
When is a Hemogram Test Performed?
A Hemogram Test is performed when there is a suspicion of infection, inflammation, bleeding disease, leukemia, or anemia caused by environmental or hereditary reasons. In cases of anemia, hemoglobinopathies, bone marrow aplasia, nutritional deficiencies, thrombocytopenia, autoimmune conditions, infections and parasitemia, malignancies, drug response, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.
How to Prepare for a Hemogram Test?
A full blood count does not require any extra preparations. If your doctor has ordered additional blood tests, you may need to fast (not eat or drink) for several hours before the test. If there are any special instructions to follow, your health care practitioner will inform you.
Why is a Hemogram Test Done?
A complete Hemogram Test may have been prescribed by your doctor as part of a routine examination.
Furthermore, the test can be used to:
- Determine the cause of a blood disease, infection, immune system issue, or other medical ailments.
- Keep an eye on a pre-existing blood condition.
What is a Hemogram Test?
A complete hemogram test is used to evaluate a wide range of illnesses as well as an individual’s overall health. Complete Hemogram includes CBC tests and additional parameters.
Following are various CBC tests:
- Hemoglobin (Hb)
- Total White blood cell count (WBC)
- Differential white blood cell count
- Total erythrocyte count (RBC)
- Platelet count
- Examination of blood film for parasites and red cell morphology
Additional parameters are as follows:
- Packed cell Volume (PCV)
- Mean corpuscular volume(MCV)
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH)
- Mean cell hemoglobin concentration (MCHC)
- Red cell distribution width (RDW)
- Mean platelet volume (MPV)
- Platelet distribution width (PDW)
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
- Reticulocyte count
How is the Hemogram Test Performed?
A blood sample is used for the test. A needle is used to take blood from a vein in your arm or hand. It’s routinely performed at a hospital, clinic, or lab. Home collection services are now offered as well. A qualified phlebotomist, nurse, or medical assistant will come to your home to safely take your blood sample.
Risks/Side Effects of Hemogram Test
Keep the following considerations in mind:
- You may notice a minor bruise at the puncture site.
- Slight pain in the arm after the test, which can last for a few days.
There is usually no such risk associated with the Hemogram Test.
What does a Hemogram Test Measure?
A Hemogram Test is used to determine several components of your blood, such as:
- Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells that transports oxygen from the lungs to the rest of your body.
- Red blood cells are responsible for supplying oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your body.
- White blood cells are anti-infective cells. White blood cells are classified into five categories (Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils)
- Platelets, which aid in the clotting of blood and the prevention of bleeding.
- Hematocrit (PCV) is the amount of packed red blood cells.
- Mean cell volume (MCV), Mean cell hemoglobin (MCH), Mean cell hemoglobin concentration (MCHC), these indices give quantitative information about the red blood cells.
- Red cell distribution width (RDW) reflects a degree of variation in the size of red blood cells.
- Mean platelet volume (MPV) and platelet distribution width (PDW) is a measure of the size distribution of cells(Platelets)
- ESR Test to determine the presence of organic illness or to track the progression of the disease.
Why Choose SpiceHealth?
SpiceHealth is a perfect ally in your journey to wellness. At SpiceHealth, we believe that quality healthcare is a human right. With a team of 200+ experts, 14+ labs, and lacs of happy patrons, SpiceHealth is growing exponentially and strives to provide accessible and affordable quality health care to one and all. We use the latest-in-technology that ensures accurate and error-free results in less time. SpiceHealth provides walk-in centers, mobile testing, and home-collection services with economical pricing and advanced care. Accurate- Affordable- Fast; are the words we live by. Get the most economical Hemogram test online today!
THINGS TO KNOW AFTER GETTING TESTED
Understanding Hemogram Tests Result
Hemogram test results are useful for the doctors to find out if the patient is suffering from anemia or any clinical condition related to changes in the number of white blood cells due to bacterial, viral infections, parasitic infections, allergic conditions, leukemia, platelet disorders, etc.
The reference range for the set of tests used in the hemogram test is listed in the table below:
|Hemogram Tests||Normal Range|
|Hemoglobin(Hgb)||12.0 – 15.0 gm/dl|
|Total Leucocyte count(WBC)||4500-10500/cu mm|
|Platelet Count||150000-410000/cu mm|
|Red blood cell (RBC)||3.8-4.8million/cu mm|
|Absolute Eosinophill Count||40-440/cu mm|
|Hemogram Tests||Normal Range|
|ESR||0-20 mm after 1 hour|
STEPS OF BOOKING
Instructions to Book an Appointment
The details about this test mentioned on our website are for reference purpose only. It is recommended to contact a doctor for interpreting and understanding the test reports. Instead of searching 'Complete hemogram test price ' on the web, all you need to do is, visit our website www.spicehealth.com and book a Hemogram Test online. Just enter your mobile number or mail, generate an OTP, add your details, and schedule your appointment. No documents are needed at the time of booking; a few basic details are all we want. Also, we offer contactless doorstep collection services as well.
You can also book the appointment for your test by dialing our customer care number i.e. +91-124-4967000.
A big shout-out to the polite and supportive staff of SpiceHealth who visited us for home collection. I had a great experience with my full-body checkup. Quick and easy process.Neetu Singh
Well done SpiceHealth for providing such affordable tests. With a team of the young and certified medical workforce and an advanced and innovative pathology lab at Sama Hospital, SpiceHealth is doing a great job. I’m so happy with my experience yesterday. Thanks again.Ayesha Khan
Affordable testing is what India deserves at these times of crisis. I would like to recommend SpiceHealth to anyone looking for their body tests. Easy process, quick results, and low prices. Just amazingRahul Kumar