Lipid Profile Test
A complete cholesterol test is also known as a lipid profile. Read on to know about lipid profile test price, procedures, instructions, etc.
Lipid Profile Test – An Overview
What is a Lipid Profile?
A lipid profile is a blood test that highlights the total level of cholesterol (good and bad), triglycerides, and cholesterol ratio in the blood. Cholesterol is a waxy, fatty substance in the blood that plays an essential role in the functioning of the body. However, too much cholesterol can lead to atherosclerosis, heart disease, stroke, etc.
The body doesn’t show any illness, disease, or symptoms initially. Higher levels of cholesterol for a long period have some lethal complications. Thus, it becomes essential to get a lipid profile done periodically, especially after the age of 30 or earlier for those having a family history of heart ailments.
Why is the Lipid Profile Done?
Usually, a lipid profile test is needed to check:
- Total cholesterol and triglycerides levels in the blood.
- The extent of risk for cardiovascular disease.
- To evaluate the success of treatment while on a lipid-lowering plan.
- Drug effectiveness.
When is the Lipid Profile Performed?
Below are the symptoms that make your doctor advise you a lipid profile test:
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Regular chest pain or fullness around the chest
- Adamant upper back pain
- Regular heartburn or indigestion
- Jaw pain, toothache, and/or headache
- Recovering from a heart attack
- Regular smoking and/or drinking
What Does the Lipid Profile Measure?
There are four types of fats in the blood that get calculated in a lipid profile test:
- Triglycerides: Calories that your body doesn’t require get converted into triglycerides and stored in your fat cells.
- High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL): Also known as good cholesterol as it helps remove the bad one.
- Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL): It is the bad cholesterol that is responsible for fatty deposits in the arteries, making the body prone to stroke, heart attack, etc.
- Total Cholesterol: The total level of cholesterol, good and bad, in your blood.
How to Prepare for a Lipid Profile Test?
For a total lipid profile test, it is advised not to eat and drink (except water) anything for 12 hours before taking the test. In case you are on any medications, like birth control pills, your doctor may advise you to stop taking them a couple of days before taking the test as they increase the level of cholesterol.
How is the Lipid Profile Performed?
A lipid profile is performed by collecting a small amount of blood through the veins via an injection. It is a quick and safe process taken at a hospital, laboratory, or clinic. Nowadays, home collection services are also available. A trained health professional will visit your home to collect your blood sample.
Risk/Side Effects of Lipid Profile Test
There is usually no side effect or risk involved in a lipid profile test. However, you should keep the following things in mind:
- As the blood will be drawn from the vein in the arm through an injection, you can expect a tinge of pain and bruise for a short period.
- Covering the patch with a cotton bud or a band aid will prevent any chance of infection.
- If you’re on fasting, it is best to eat or drink after giving the blood sample.
- Avoid lifting any heavy items for a few hours. You can take up all the normal tasks as soon as the bleeding stops.
Why Choose SpiceHealth?
SpiceHealth is a perfect ally in your journey to wellness. At SpiceHealth, we believe that quality healthcare is a human right. With a team of 200+ experts, 14+ labs, and lacs of happy patrons, SpiceHealth is growing exponentially and strives to provide accessible and affordable quality health care to one and all. We use the latest-in-technology that ensures accurate and error-free results in less time. SpiceHealth provides walk-in centers, mobile testing, and home-collection services with economical pricing and advanced care. Accurate – Affordable – Fast are the words we live by. Get the most economical lipid profile test online today!
THINGS TO KNOW AFTER GETTING TESTED
Understanding the Results of a Lipid Profile Test
Cholesterol levels are measured in milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dL) of blood. Below is the normal range for an adult (18+ yrs)
If your cholesterol levels are outside of the normal range, your doctor may advise more tests to evaluate the root cause of the abnormality. For LDL, total cholesterol, and triglycerides, the lower the values, the better it is for your body. However, the more the HDL in your body, the better.
|Total Cholesterol||Less than 200 mg/dL|
|LDL||70 – 130 mg/dL|
|HDL||45 – 60 mg/dL|
|Triglycerides||10 – 150 mg/dL|
|Non-HDL||Less than 130 mg/dL|
STEPS OF BOOKING
Instructions To Book an Appointment
The details about this test mentioned on our website are for reference purpose only. It is recommended to contact a doctor for interpreting and understanding the test reports. Booking a Lipid Profile test has never been this easy! All you need to do is, visit our website www.spicehealth.com and book your appointment online. Just enter your mobile number or mail, generate an OTP, add your details and schedule your appointment. Also, we offer contactless doorstep collection services as well. The lipid profile test price is way lesser than the value it brings to the table.
You can also book the appointment for your test by dialing our customer care number i.e. +91-124-4967000.
A big shout-out to the polite and supportive staff of SpiceHealth who visited us for home collection. I had a great experience with my full-body checkup. Quick and easy process.Neetu Singh
Well done SpiceHealth for providing such affordable tests. With a team of the young and certified medical workforce and an advanced and innovative pathology lab at Sama Hospital, SpiceHealth is doing a great job. I’m so happy with my experience yesterday. Thanks again.Ayesha Khan
Affordable testing is what India deserves at these times of crisis. I would like to recommend SpiceHealth to anyone looking for their body tests. Easy process, quick results, and low prices. Just amazingRahul Kumar