Urine Culture Test
If you have been advised a urine culture test by the doctor lately, don’t search ‘urine culture test near me’ right away! Here is all you need to know first.
Urine Culture Test – An Overview
What is a Urine Culture Test?
A urine culture test is an evaluation of your urine in the laboratories to identify certain bacteria, germs, or yeast that are causing or may cause a urinary tract infection (UTI). The germs can infect any part of the urinary system – kidneys, bladder, ureter, urethra. The infection can also spread and cause major issues to a person’s physical and mental health. To find out the infection-causing germs and plan their omission, your doctor advises you for a Urine Culture Test.
Why is Urine Culture Done?
There are various reasons your doctor may advise you to get a urine culture test, like:
- If you’re diagnosed with a kidney ailment or a UTI, a urine culture test is done to rule out infection-causing bacteria.
- As a part of routine medical checkups, to test pregnancy or pre-operation management.
- To evaluate various disorders like liver disease, diabetes, kidney stones, etc.
When is Urine Culture Performed?
Below are the signs & symptoms of a UTI, if found, a Urine Culture test is ordered:
- An urge to urinate, but nothing or little comes out.
- A burning sensation while peeing, every time.
- Release of yellowish or strong-smelling urine.
- In severe case of infection, you may be experiencing fever and abdominal pain along with the above signs.
What does Urine Culture Measure?
The purpose of the Urine Culture test is to determine if there are infection-causing bacteria present inside the urine tube, or anywhere close to the urinary tract. Bacteria that commonly cause UTIs are:
Positive report: Keeping the urine sample mixed with a medical solution that aids in the growth of target bacteria for 1-2 days reveals their presence or absence. The presence of single bacteria growing at high colony counts is considered a ‘positive’ urine culture report.
Negative report: No growth of bacteria for 24 to 48 hours under microscopic observation in the labs suggests a ‘negative’ urine culture report, hence no harmful germs found. In case the symptoms persist, your doctor may advise you another sample testing after a few days.
How to Prepare for the Urine Culture Test?
Although it doesn’t require any major instruction, a few important things to note are:
- If you’re on antibiotics or any medication, do tell your doctor before taking the test as it may impact the results.
- You may be asked to drink more water 30 minutes prior to the test to ensure there is enough urine produced for the sample.
- You may be asked to not urinate an hour before sample collection.
How Urine Culture is Performed?
It is as simple as urinating. However, depending upon the type of culture, you may be given specific instructions.
- The aim is to provide a few milliliters mid-stream urine sample, collected in a clean universal container.
- Clean the point of urination on your genitals before peeing with water only. Do not use soap or any other chemical.
- Ensure your genitals are not touching the box.
Hand over the sample to the concerned health care.
Risk/Side Effects of Urine Culture Test
There are no risks associated with the urine culture test. However, it is best to know the below-mentioned points beforehand:
- Your urine sample may contain severely harmful pathogens and virus.
- To prevent any spread, be careful while collecting the sample and wash your hands thoroughly before and after collecting the sample.
Why Choose SpiceHealth?
SpiceHealth is a perfect ally in your journey to wellness. At SpiceHealth, we believe that quality healthcare is a human right. With a team of 200+ experts, 14+ labs, and lacs of happy patrons, SpiceHealth is growing exponentially and strives to provide accessible and affordable quality health care to one and all. We use the latest-in-technology that ensures accurate and error-free results in lesser time. SpiceHealth provides walk-in centers, mobile testing, and home-collection services with economical pricing and advanced care. Accurate – Affordable – Fast are the words we live by. Get the most economical urine culture test online today!
STEPS OF BOOKING
Instructions To Book an Appointment
The details about this test mentioned on our website are for reference purpose only. It is recommended to contact a doctor for interpreting and understanding the test reports. Instead of searching ‘urine culture test near me’ on the web, all you need to do is, visit our website www.spicehealth.com and book your appointment online. Just enter your mobile number or mail, generate an OTP, add your details and schedule your appointment. Also, we offer contactless doorstep collection services as well. The lipid profile test price is way lesser than the value it brings to the table.
You can also book the appointment for your test by dialing our customer care number i.e. +91-124-4967000.
A big shout-out to the polite and supportive staff of SpiceHealth who visited us for home collection. I had a great experience with my full-body checkup. Quick and easy process.Neetu Singh
Well done SpiceHealth for providing such affordable tests. With a team of the young and certified medical workforce and an advanced and innovative pathology lab at Sama Hospital, SpiceHealth is doing a great job. I’m so happy with my experience yesterday. Thanks again.Ayesha Khan
Affordable testing is what India deserves at these times of crisis. I would like to recommend SpiceHealth to anyone looking for their body tests. Easy process, quick results, and low prices. Just amazingRahul Kumar