A covid vaccine certificate is a government-issued document that certifies that you have received your immunizations. It’s similar to a receipt for a service rendered.
The Covid vaccine certificate acts as a permit for a person to travel across different parts of the country as well as the world. It assures that the person is immune to getting infected and carries little or no risk of getting infected.
Once a person gets vaccinated, a certificate is issued which carries all the necessary details such as name, gender, age, the type of vaccine, date of receiving the dose, etc.
The union government has provided the citizens with many different platforms from where they can easily obtain their Covishield vaccination certificate or Covaxin certificate. The different platforms are the following:
- UMANG App
- ArogyaSetu App
- CoWin Portal
How to change incorrect details on covid vaccine certificate?
There may be a situation where the details relating to the person vaccinated is not correct on the covid vaccine certificate. The first thing to be kept in mind is that one can only edit or correct the details once, so, one needs to be careful.
Following are the steps to correct the details-
- Go to the CoWin app or portal and log in.
- Enter your mobile number and log in after receiving the OTP.
- All members enrolled on the mobile number will have their vaccination status shown.
- Select the member whose information needs to be updated by clicking on raise an issue.
- Select Correction of errors from the drop-down menu.
- You can now make any modifications to the details that you desire.
- Double-check everything before submitting.
- Submit the certificate after you’ve entered and validated your information
- If the changes do not appear on your certificate, you can call the CoWin helpdesk at
Information & step by step process to download the certificate from Whatsapp
Our Covid vaccination certificate is available for download via Whatsapp. It is made up of a few easy steps:
- Open Whatsapp and send a “Hello” message to this +91 9013151515 number from the phone number you used to register for vaccination. The Corona Helpdesk Bot is what it’s called.
- The bot will offer a list of subjects relevant to covid-19 once you send the message. The second line of the list received shall display the message, “Download Certificate”. As a result, simply type “2” and send the message. The bot will again display three options, so you just need to type and send “3” which says that you want to download the vaccine certificate.
- An OTP will be issued to your phone number, which you must enter in the chat. After entering the OTP, the bot will display the names of members who have registered on the CoWIN website, along with the number of members who have registered.
- Now you must type the phone number of the individual whose vaccine certificate you wish to obtain.
- You will receive a pdf version of the Covid vaccination certificate. Download the pdf.
Information & step by step process to download the certificate from Digilocker
Digilocker is a mobile app that lets one get a copy of your important government documents including the vaccination certificate.
- If you don’t already have the Digilocker app on your device, get it from the play store or the app store (in the case of iOS).
- Complete the app’s registration procedure by providing information such as your name, date of birth, gender, security pin, mobile number, Aadhar number, and email address.
- Select the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from the Central Government page after completing the registration process.
- Select “Vaccine Certificate” from the drop-down menu.
- Select Vaccine Certificate from the drop-down menu and enter your 13 Digit Reference ID to download the Covid Vaccine Certificate.
Information & step by step process to download the certificate from UMANG App
Our Covid vaccination certificate is available for download through Umang app. It is made up of a few easy steps:
- Go to the play store or the app store (in the case of iOS) and download the UMANG app.
- Select the ‘What’s New’ tab from the drop-down menu. Select CoWin from the drop-down menu under this header.
- Select this option and then click on the covid-19 certificate to download the immunisation certificate.
- Enter your mobile phone number, and the OTP will be sent to you.
- Make sure you enter the OTP correctly. Then, add the beneficiary name correctly whose certificate you want to download.
- Then, Download the Covaxin or Covishield vaccine certificate.
Information & step by step process to download the covishield certificate or Covaxin certificate from ArogyaSetu App
The ArogyaSetu App provides information and a step-by-step approach for downloading the certificate. The ArogyaSetu App, which is used to keep track of the number of Covid cases in your area, also allows you to obtain your immunisation certificate.
- If you don’t already have it, get the ArogyaSetu App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store (in the case of iOS).
- Log in using your cellphone number and select the CoWin option at the top of the page.
- Enter your beneficiary reference ID, which is 13 digits long.
- Select Covaxin or Covidshield Vaccination Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Then, to obtain your Covid Vaccination certificate, click the download option.
Information & step by step process to download the certificate from Cowin Portal
The most common portal to book your vaccine slots is also the platform from where you get your certificate for the same. It involves few steps which are listed below-
- Go to CoWin’s official website or, in the case of iOS, download the CoWin app from the Playstore or App Store.
- Select the Sign In/Register option.
- Sign in with your registered cellphone number and the one-time password (OTP) sent to that number.
- There will be a Certificate tab under your name once you log in.
- To obtain the immunisation certificate, click the download option..
- Click on the download button to get the vaccination certificate in PDF form
FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Which age groups can use the Co-WIN site to register for vaccinations?
At the moment, any individuals above the age of 60, as well as those aged 45 to 59 can register for the vaccination.
Are there any registration charges to be paid?
No. There are no registration fees.
Is vaccination at all vaccination clinics free?
No. Vaccination is free in government facilities but is chargeable in private institutions.
Who is responsible for providing the Covid vaccination certificate?
The Vaccination Centre is in charge of creating your certificate and giving you with a printed copy after vaccination on the day of vaccination. Please make it a point to pick up the certificate at the Centre. For Private Hospitals, the charges for providing a printed copy of the certificate are included in the service charges for vaccination.
What is a private institution that provides covid vaccination at affordable cost?
SpiceHealth is one of the private institutions that aim to provide quality health and vaccinations at the most affordable cost.